25th Annual Greater Winston-Salem Buddy Walk and Family Fun Day
Hosted by the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Winston-Salem
$110,860Raised of $100,000
Educate | Advocate | Celebrate
The DSAGWS Buddy Walk and Family Fun Day is the primary fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Winston-Salem (DSAGWS). In addition to raising funds and awareness, it's a great place to meet other families and learn about the rewards of having a child with Down syndrome.
Each year our attendance has grown and we’re expecting over 1,500 people this year to participate in this family friendly event which includes food, entertainment, carnival games, educational information, talent show, music and more.
Each registrant gets a FREE Buddy Walk t-shirt! Register before October 1st to guarantee your shirt size.
Register or donate today!
Total Walkers Registered
Team Walker Leaderboard
Your Gift Today
Your donation will make a difference in our Down Syndrome community by providing:
- Resource Gift Bags and Folders for families with an individual with Down syndrome
- Resources for our DSA Resource Center
- Support for our Tea & Tots and Teen Time social groups and our existing groups Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome (D.A.D.S.) and Ladies Night Out.
- Scholarships for families and adults with Down syndrome
- Family social gatherings and our summer cookout/holiday gathering
- Educational programs for our community
- Programs that support and promote greater inclusion
- Additional DSA Speaking Tour participants
- Next Chapter Book Club – an adult literacy program