Sun Country Play Yellow Birdie Bash
On August 7, local PGA Professionals and amateur golfers will fundraise to help the area’s local children’s hospital along with golf programs that support children, members of the military, and those of diverse backgrounds who desperately need support.
$42,916Raised of $50,000
Play Yellow - Impacting & Saving Lives Through Golf
A field of up to 20 teams of two area PGA Professionals and amateur golfers will play 72 holes of golf with hopes of generating $100,000 or more through people’s and companies’ pledged donations. Donations will generally be based on the number of birdies and eagles produced by each team. This is our inaugural event. It is designed to be a community game-changer for everyone involved. Individual pledges and local business support is needed. Please help make ours stand out among other Birdie Bashes around the country!
Play Yellow Anthem
Every Dollar Makes a Difference
Sun Country Golf Foundation
The Sun Country Golf Foundation is operated in partnership by the Sun Country PGA Section and Sun Country Amateur Golf Association. The Foundation's goal is to "Impact Lives Through Golf" within three Pillars of Impact: Youth, Military, & Inclusion. We operate junior golf programs, offer college scholarships, break down the barrier of price for children to learn and play golf, offer U.S. Military active duty and Veterans golf as a rehabilitative tool, and eventually hope to fund a Fellowship program to support people of underrepresented demographics in golf.
Costs of Care
Your donations will go toward funding items like these:
- $200 - One family night including meals & entertainment for inpatient families
- $500 - Funding one day of PGA HOPE lessons for 15 Veterans.
- $400 - Snacks for patients & families at the Child Life playroom
- $50 - Providing one child patient gifts during the holidays and birthdays.
- $500 - Providing a Military Veteran a free set of golf clubs.
- $1,000 - One month of Art or Music Therapy for patients and siblings
- $30 - Throwing one child patient a birthday party while undergoing treatment.
- $100 - Providing a Military Veteran a free set of golf shoes
- $1,000 - One Medkin Doll to be used as a teaching tool to help alleviate fears for families through medical play.
- $500 - Creating one golf play day for 12 Veterans.
- $667 - One month of Beads of Courage, a narrative medicine beads program where patients receive special beads that represent each part of their treatment journey. Beads represent procedures including sedation, port access, surgery, hospital stays, and dozens of others.
- $125 - Covering the cost of 25 rounds of golf through Youth on Course.
- $208 - One week of toiletries for inpatient families
- $1,500 - Support of a college scholarship.