2023 Playing for Pride - Metrics Based
Playing for Pride brings together athletes, teams, and leagues to support Athlete Ally's mission of making sports inclusive for the LGBTQI+ community
$3,076Raised of $25,000
Playing For Pride 2023
In 2017, pro soccer player Austin da Luz saw the LGBTQI+ community in his state come under attack, and started Playing for Pride as a way for professional soccer players to show their support for LGBTQI+ inclusion in and through sport. In the years since, Playing for Pride has mobilized athletes across sports, teams, leagues, sport reporters and fans to support LGBTQI+ inclusion in and through sport.
This year, Athlete Ally is championing local organizations that are leading the fight in the harshest environments for LGBTQI+ athletes in America. We will be distributing 50% of Playing for Pride proceeds to organizers on the frontlines in Florida and Texas, two states where young LGBTQI+ athletes are under considerable threat of exclusion and erasure.
How it works
- Click "Join the Challenge" at the top of the page
- Choose an activity and set a goal for yourself to work toward and to fundraise toward during Pride Month supporting Athlete Ally.
- Reach out to friends and family to ask if they’ll support your efforts by donating to you! They can make a pledge per activity to cheer you on toward your goal or donate a flat amount to support your efforts.
- Track your activities during Pride Month when you get reminders or any time by clicking "Updates" at the top of the page.
- Keep an eye on the leaderboards & Community tab to see how your friends and competitors are doing!
Every Dollar Makes a Difference
Supports trans-inclusive and nondiscrimination policies for teams, sport governing bodies, athletic departments, and individual athletes